NXT UK will host its third TakeOver event on Sunday as NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool II will be live from the Empress Ballroom in Blackpool, England.
WWE COO Triple H recently did an interview with Alex McCarthy at talkSPORT in which he mentioned WWE planned to host TakeOver events in other parts of the UK and Ireland. So far, the young brand has only focussed on Blackpool and Cardiff, but The Game explained WWE is looking at hosting a show in London and across the Irish Sea in Dublin.
Triple H also said he would love to expand NXT UK into continental Europe, mentioning Germany, France, and Italy as possible destinations.
The Cerebral Assassin said: “I think we want to spread out where we will go and at first we want to hit markets where we know it will be good. Obviously, Blackpool holds a charmed spot for a lot of us to go back there, but, absolutely, London has always been a massive fanbase for WWE and NXT has been there and done phenomenally well too. It’s absolutely a place we’re looking at and on the priority list, Dublin as well.”
He later added: “I don’t want to rule out anywhere. I’d love to go to Germany. I’d love to go to France. I’d love to go to Italy. I’d love to go to so many markets and expand this out… I really want this to be a fully-functioning brand and to do more with it. Make it its own thing. But, all of those markets are on the list and we look forward to getting to all of them.”