in

Tye Dillinger Reveals He Was Offered “Substantial Raise” Before Leaving WWE

Perfect 10 left back in February…

WWE

Back on February 20, after months out of action recovering from injury, Tye Dillinger asked for his release from WWE.

Two days later, WWE announced that the former NXT star had been let go from the company along with Hideo Itami and TJP.

Dillinger, now going by Shawn Spears, appeared on this week’s Edge and Christian’s Pod Of Awesomeness where he revealed that when he asked for his release, those who work for WWE’s talent relations department said he was on the verge of getting a “substantial raise” (thanks to Fightful for the following transcription): “I walked in and I said to talent relations, ‘I need to go.’ They said, ‘we’re about to offer you a substantial raise.’

“I put my hands up. I’m not close to a millionaire but for me, it wasn’t about the money. I didn’t let him get the offer out of his mouth. I found out what it was a couple of weeks later but it wasn’t going to change anything. I was still going to feel the same way. They said they would run it up the ladder and I gave them the day to do so.

“I messaged Hunter and said, ‘Please talk to talent relations when you can.’ To Hunter’s credit, every time I’ve asked to talk to him, he’s always given me the time of day. I didn’t hear anything by the end of the day and I couldn’t let them fire me twice. That’s why I put out that statement.”

Earlier this week, Rhyno revealed that he was offered double his salary by WWE before letting them know he’ll be leaving when his contract expires in the summer.

Ross Tweddell

Written by Ross Tweddell

Editor-in-chief of Cultaholic.com | [email protected]

El Desperado & Flip Gordon Ruled Out Of NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors – Replacements Revealed

Long-Lost Bret Hart Vs. Tom Magee Match To Air On WWE Network