AEW have announced plans to air a Brodie Lee tribute edition of Dynamite on Wednesday December 30.
Originally scheduled to be night one of AEW’s New Year’s Smash special, Dynamite will now pay tribute to former TNT Champion Lee, real name Jon Huber, who passed away on December 26, 2020.
AEW President Tony Khan confirmed this change on his Twitter account:
“This Wednesday on #AEWDynamite we’ll celebrate the life of Jon Huber (Mr. Brodie Lee) with a show including tributes and a special card of matches dedicated to The Exalted One. This night is intended to honor Jon, but also this is for Amanda, and their sons Brodie (-1) & Nolan.”
The card for the show is as follows:
• Lance Archer, Evil Uno & Stu Grayson vs. Eddie Kingston, The Butcher & The Blade
• Anna Jay & Tay Conti vs. Dr. Britt Baker & Penelope Ford
• Hangman Page, John Silver & Alex Reynolds vs. MJF, Santana & Ortiz
• The Young Bucks & Colt Cabana vs. Matt Hardy & Private Party
• Cody Rhodes, Orange Cassidy & Preston ’10’ Vance vs. Team Taz - Lee's son Brodie's favourites teaming for one night only
This edition of Dynamite follows numerous tributes to Lee paid by his peers and by wrestling fans across the globe, with several tributes paid on the December 28 edition of WWE Raw.
AEW have further confirmed that New Year’s Smash has been rescheduled for January 06 and January 13, 2021.