Cody Rhodes Reveals AEW Didn't Have To Deviate Much From Their Original Plans For Double Or Nothing
Despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic...
All Elite Wrestling's next pay-per-view Double Or Nothing is only one day away and will be broadcast from Daily's Place and TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, Florida. Much of the card was finalised in the past few weeks, with some unexpected matchups like Jon Moxley vs. Brodie Lee for the AEW World Championship and MJF vs. Jungle Boy having been booked on the show.
This gave the impression to some that AEW was unable to bring their original plans for the pay-per-view to fruition because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. However, Cody Rhodes confirmed this was not the case during a media call yesterday. He revealed 90 percent of the card is what they originally planned to have on the show and not much had to be changed creatively despite the pandemic.
Cody said: "I actually would say this card, just to peel the curtain back a bit, 90 percent of what we potentially had planned. Obviously, we were presented with a curveball and we're at the plate and we're hoping to connect. But not a lot of things changed due to COVID-19 and the pandemic in terms of creative… Not a great deal has changed."
Double Or Nothing is only one day away. Check out the full card below:
• Jon Moxley (c) vs. Brodie Lee - AEW World Championship
• Cody vs. Lance Archer - TNT Championship
• Nyla Rose (c) vs. Hikaru Shida - AEW Women's World Championship
• The Inner Circle vs. The Elite - Stadium Stampede match
• MJF vs. Jungle Boy
• Darby Allin vs. Colt Cabana vs. Orange Cassidy vs. Rey Fenix vs. Scorpio Sky vs. Kip Sabian vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Luchasaurus vs. A mystery participant - Casino Ladder match
• Kris Statlander vs. Britt Baker
• Dustin Rhodes vs. Shawn Spears
• Best Friends vs. Private Party - Buy In Show