On August 26, Santos Escobar defended the NXT Cruiserweight Championship for the first time against Isaiah "Swerve" Scott. The two men battled back and forth for 16 minutes, but the Leader of Legado Del Fantasma picked up the win after headbutting the former Killshot with a loaded luchador mask.
Scott has been out for revenge ever since and he pinned Escobar for a second time during a six-man tag team match on NXT Super Tuesday.
Having picked up another win over the champion, Isaiah challenged the former El Hijo del Fantasma to a rematch and WWE has since confirmed the two Superstars will go one on one at NXT TakeOver: 31 on October 4.
Check out the card for NXT TakeOver: 31 below:
• Finn Balor (c) vs. Kyle O'Reilly - NXT Championship
• Damian Priest (c) vs. Johnny Gargano - North American Championship
• Io Shirai (c) vs. Candice LeRae - NXT Women's Championship
• Santos Escobar (c) vs. Isaiah "Swerve" Scott - Cruiserweight Championship
• Kushida vs. The Velveteen Dream