Gangrel Claims His AEW Appearance Was Scrapped After Edge's WWE Brood Entrance
We almost had a different Brood entrance
Gangrel has claimed he was scheduled to appear on the August 25 edition of AEW Dynamite, but Edge's SummerSlam entrance resulted in his plans being scrapped.
Gangrel, Edge and Christian were previously 'The Brood' faction in WWE from 1998 to 1999 and The Rated-R Superstar called back to his Brood days on SmackDown and SummerSlam, first dropping a broodbath on Seth Rollins on Friday before he recreated the faction's entrance at The Biggest Party Of The Summer.
The entrance had unintentional consequences, though, according to Gangrel, as AEW cancelled his Dynamite appearance.
"I'm supposed to catch a flight today, right now I'm supposed to be on a plane. It's Tuesday today. I was supposed to be on a plane to Milwaukee," Gangrel said on his Fangin N Bangin Podcast. "So yesterday as I'm running around tying up my last errands, I get a return phone call saying, 'Oh man, we're so sorry. We're gonna go in a different direction because of the WWE media stuff.'"
"With all that being said, I'm gonna say that everything Edge did was f*cking awesome. He was great and I love him. The reason I wasn't so excited about it is because I was offered another great opportunity and the timing just sucked. AEW contacted me and they wanted me to come in and do Dynamite tomorrow. They were putting the entrance together, they were gonna do the fire, they were getting the pyro stuff, they were putting the music together."
Gangrel then added: "It was not their [AEW's] fault. It was just timing and I was so grateful and so happy to be a part of that. I think it was Tony's idea to bring me in and do all that."
Gangrel previously appeared in All Elite Wrestling at Full Gear 2020 during the Elite Deletion Match between Matt Hardy and Sammy Guevara, where he called back to Hardy's time in the New Brood.