Lance Archer Set For AEW Return
Archer is set for his first AEW appearance since November
AEW star Lance Archer is set to return on tomorrow's edition of Rampage.
No opponent for The Murderhawk Monster has yet been named, but AEW confirmed he will be in action on the show.
This will mark Archer's first AEW appearance since he lost to Ricky Starts in the first round of the AEW World Title Eliminator Tournament on the November 18 episode of Rampage.
Archer subsequently went on tour with New Japan Pro Wrestling, but has yet to perform for any organisation thus far this year.
He recently hinted at his frustration at the inactivity when he tweeted "51 days since I laced up my boots last! NOT by choice!".
After previously expressing his dissatisfaction with his booking in AEW and NJPW, the 45-year-old said he was open to slowly rebuilding in Tony Khan's promotion. Archer's on-screen manager Jake Roberts had also previously noted his frustration with Archer's spot in the company.
Speaking with Busted Open Radio in December of last year, Archer opened up about his frustration while making clear that he doesn't want to appear ungrateful or unhappy, saying:
"Everybody lets something out here and there, once in a while. There was a little angst coming out. Like I said in the promo, I come in and kick ass, I don't kiss ass. I do my part. Now it's up to other people...I don't want my frustration to come across as I'm being ungrateful or not happy with the job that I do have. I just know what I could and should be doing. It kind of boils over once in a while. It's not a knock on anyone in particular, it's just the situation at hand".
Archer signed a multi-year contract with AEW in February of 2020.