Malcolm Bivens Confirms He Turned Down New WWE Contract
Bivens was let go last week
Malcolm Bivens (Stokely Hathaway) spoke about his recent WWE exit at a comedy show in New York City on Thursday night.
Bivens was let go last Friday, along with Dakota Kai, Persia Pirotta, Dexter Lumis, and several other NXT names.
The manager revealed that he turned down a new contract several months ago, while also denying a rumor that he was offered a chance to manage Omos on the main roster.
Bivens said, "Here’s the truth: There’s a lot of rumors, a lot of speculation. Was I offered a contract in February? Yes. Did I say no to said contract? Yes. Was I offered to be with Omos? No. No one said a word to me about managing Omos. Was I told about the main roster? Yes.
"And people, they think I’m crazy. Like, ‘Malcolm, you threw away millions, potentially. You walked away.’ Yeah, I did, because I didn’t want to do it anymore. And, unfortunately, I just wasn’t happy. At Stand and Deliver, I had a conversation with the head writer and I told him so. And then two weeks ago, I said the same thing, ‘I don’t think this was for me.’ And that’s okay -- because your happiness is not dictated by what people say you should do. Happiness is dictated by what you think you should do. Because there’s a difference, right?"
Bivens also made jokes about NXT UK's place in the WWE pecking order, shouted out to The Creed Brothers and Ivy Nile, and said he might return to wrestling, "...for the right price."
(Credit to F4WOnline for transcription)