New Champions Crowned At ROH Death Before Dishonor 2021
Four titles were on the line in Philadelphia
Ring of Honor’s Death Before Dishonor event from Philadelphia saw two new champions crowned, in an historic night for veteran indie promotion.
In the finals for the vacant ROH Women’s World Championship, Rok-C overcame Miranda Alize to win the belt and be instated as the first ever ROH Women’s World Champion. The title replaces the former Women of Honor World Championship that was retired in early 2020.
Elsewhere, Jonathan Gresham’s ROH Pure Championship reign is over after 385 days, after Top Prospect 2017 winner Josh Woods beat the outgoing champ in a Pure Rules match. Gresham was the first champion to hold the Pure Title after it’s revival in 2020, with the title previously retired in 2006 by Bryan Danielson.
- Bandido (c) def. Brody King & EC3 & Demonic Flamita - ROH World Championship
- Josh Woods def. Jonathan Gresham (c) - ROH Pure Championship
- Rok-C def. Miranda Alize - ROH Women’s World Championship
- Shane Taylor, Moses, & Kaun (c) def. Dragon Lee, Bestia del Ring, & Kenny King - ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship
- Homicide, Chris Dickinson, & Tony Deppen def. John Walters, LSG, & Lee Moriarty
- Matt Taven & Mike Bennett def. The Briscoes
- Dalton Castle def. Eli Isom
- Taylor Rust def. Jake Atlas
- Alex Zayne won The Honor Rumble