NXT TakeOver 31 Being Offered On Traditional PPV
A first for NXT...
For the first time ever, an NXT TakeOver will be offered via traditional PPV provider, as first reported on PWInsider.
Mike Johnson and Paul Jordan reported that the event is being offered on Verizon Fios for $54.99, based on word sent to them from Leon Peters.
The event is also available on DirecTV (with preceding 30 minute countdown show) for $54.95.
TakeOver will also still be available in its traditional home of WWE Network, where the events have aired since their inception in 2014.
With no formal word regarding NXT's pay-per-view availability by WWE, it's not known if future TakeOvers are scheduled to air on pay-per-view, or if WWE is simply testing the waters by making this one TakeOver available through these means.
The final card for Sunday night's NXT TakeOver 31, taking place at the Performance Center in Orlando, FL, is as follows:
* NXT Title: Finn Balor (c) vs. Kyle O'Reilly
* NXT Women's: Io Shirai (c) vs. Candice LeRae
* NXT North American: Damien Priest (c) vs. Johnny Gargano
* NXT Cruiserweight: Santos Escobar (c) vs. Isaiah "Swerve" Scott
* Kushida vs. Velveteen Dream