REELZ Issues Statement On Future Of MLW Underground
What is going on with MLW and REELZ?
REELZ have addressed reports that their deal with Major League Wrestling will be coming to an end after just 10 weeks. The TV station issued the following statement to PWInsider:
"No decisions have been made by MLW or REELZ and we are both committed to a good outcome for MLW, its fans and REELZ."
REELZ's statement follows reports that MLW Underground would be wrapping up on the network after only 10 weeks on April 11. The potential end of the agreement would come after REELZ agreed a deal with Peacock to bring their linear channel and on-demand programming to the NBCUniversal-owned streaming platform. MLW is unable to air on Peacock, though, due to WWE's exclusivity deal.
Dave Meltzer reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that people in MLW were told by REELZ that Underground would not be cancelled and the TV station is happy with the show's ratings so far. Those in MLW concede, though, "that a television show can be canceled at anytime so they can't say anything past they have been told the story of them being canceled on 4/11 isn't accurate and are under the impression they were continuing."