Report: Marko Stunt Leaving AEW Due To Budget Cuts & Large Roster
Marko Stunt will depart AEW when his contract expires
While Marko Stunt was keen to prove himself and remain with All Elite Wrestling, Mr Fun Size seemingly won't be getting his wish.
Fightful Select reported that Stunt will leave AEW when his contract expires in May.
Stunt received a call last week from AEW Head of Talent Relations Christopher Daniels who told him his contract would not be renewed. Daniels cited AEW's large roster and budget cuts as the reasons why Stunt's contract was not being extended. The Fallen Angel also reportedly mentioned that plans had changed for Jurassic Express.
The split was said to have been amicable between Stunt and AEW and the conversation with Daniels "went well."
Stunt had been with AEW since 2019 and he was initially a regular on TV, appearing alongside Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus in Jurassic Express. He hadn't appeared on any AEW programming since early October of 2021, though, and Fightful noted Mr Fun Size suffered a concussion around that time.
Marko wasn't booked following the injury and Joey Janela recently noted that AEW "just stopped talking" to the 25-year-old.
Stunt has taken independent wrestling bookings during his AEW absence and he last performed on February 20 in Game Changer Wrestling where he and Joey Janela lost to The Second Gear Crew.