Report: Pitch Within WWE To Make Damian Priest Vs. Sheamus At Extreme Rules A Tables Match
Could Extreme Rules become slightly more extreme?
Unless WWE make a few changes, Sunday's Extreme Rules pay-per-view won't be very extreme as none of the matches on the show currently have a No DQ stipulation.
That could be set to change, though. Mike Johnson of PWInsider has reported there was a pitch within WWE last week for the United States Title match between Damian Priest and Sheamus to be made a Tables Match. There is no word on if WWE decided to action the pitch.
WWE haven't held a Tables Match since July 2020 when Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated The New Day to win the SmackDown Tag Team Championship at last year's Extreme Rules pay-per-view.
Six matches are currently set for Extreme Rules on September 26. Check out the advertised card below:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Finn Balor - Universal Championship
- Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Alexa Bliss - Raw Women's Championship
- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair - SmackDown Women's Championship
- Damian Priest (c) vs. Sheamus - United States Championship
- The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits - SmackDown Tag Team Championship
- Liv Morgan vs. Carmella