Back on April 15, WWE released 37 Superstars and furloughed nine producers and much of the office staff at Titan Towers. The releases came after the company announced they would be making cutbacks because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Only Deonna Purrazzo has signed with a new promotion since her WWE release as she debuted in IMPACT Wrestling next week. IMPACT did hint that other Superstars could join her in the promotion very soon, however, as old footage of Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson, Eric Young, Drake Maverick, EC3, Mike & Maria Kanellis, and Brian Myers was used in the promo for Slammiversary 2020.
Bryan Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Live that he wouldn't be surprised if numerous released wrestlers signed with IMPACT Wrestling as he revealed WWE recently tried to re-sign multiple released Superstars at a fraction of what they were previously earning.
Alvarez said: "I don't know who's coming but I can tell you this, there have been people who have released from WWE and they have been offered deals to come back, and the offers for them to return are a fraction of what they were making. What that means is the idea that some of these wrestlers would choose not to go to IMPACT because they're waiting for more money to go back to WWE, the offers that I've seen we may be seeing a fair number of people showing up at IMPACT."