Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat Announced For AEW Dynamite
Ricky Steamboat coming to AEW
A professional wrestling legend will appear on tonight's episode of AEW Dynamite.
AEW President Tony Khan announced that Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat will be the special guest timekeeper on tonight's Dynamite. The show will be presented by 'Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon' as part of a tie-in with Warner Bros. Discovery.
Beyond AEW, Steamboat will make an appearance at the National Wrestling Alliance's TV taping on August 29 in Nashville, Tennessee. He has largely been away from professional wrestling in recent years and Steamboat turned down coming out of retirement for Ric Flair's Last Match.
The former NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion has not performed inside the squared circle since a 2010 FCW match with son Richie Steamboat.
Several matches have been announced for Dynamite. Check out the lineup below:
- Bryan Danielson vs. Daniel Garcia - Two-out-of-Three Falls Match
- The Young Bucks & a mystery partner vs. Andrade El Idolo, Rush, & Dragon Lee
- The Varsity Blonds vs. The Gunn Club
- Toni Storm vs. KiLynn King
- Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat as the special guest timekeeper