ROH Star Expected To Sign New Three-Year Contract Amid WWE Interest

Looks like Silas Young is staying put...

Earlier this week, the internet went into rumour and innuendo overdrive after one of ROH's top stars was spotted at this week's WWE Raw.

Silas Young's contract with ROH is said to be coming up soon, with WWE said to be interested in acquiring The Last Real Man's services. However, per the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer is reporting that ROH have offered Young a new three-year deal - one that he's expected to accept.

Here's the full quote from this week's Newsletter:

"Silas Young was offered a new three-year ROH deal that right now he’s expected to accept. There were rumors of him leaving because he was at the 11/26 Raw show, but he was there because his son, a big WWE fan, wanted to attend."

So there we have it, yes Young was at Raw this week, but it seems it was in a viewing capacity only as his son is a big fan.

Young has been one of ROH's standout performers over the last several years and would fit into the NXT brand very well indeed. While he's a throwback in many aspects of his character, he's still able to incorporate many flashy moves into a moveset that always get fans off their seats.

The two-time ROH TV Champion was signed to WWE's developmental territory OVW 11 years ago, while he also made a few appearances on WWE TV. In September 2007, he lost to Val Venis on Sunday Night Heat before taking on The Miz on SmackDown. Young was released from OVW in 2010.

Share this post

Spoilers: Main Roster Member Appears At WWE NXT TV Tapings

Braun Strowman WWE Return Date Reportedly Revealed

Ross Tweddell

Written by Ross Tweddell

Editor-in-chief of Cultaholic.com and presenter on the Cultaholic Wrestling YouTube channel. Email: [email protected]