Rules For AEW Revolution's Casino Tag Team Royale Announced
The winner receives a Tag Team title match
AEW has officially posted the rules for the Casino Tag Team Royale that will take place at next Sunday's Revolution pay-per-view.
The order of entry is chosen via lottery, a la the Royal Rumble. Two teams begin the match, and they're joined by another team every 90 seconds.
Like the Rumble, eliminations occur when a wrestler is thrown over the top, with both feet hitting the floor. Unlike traditional tag team battle royals, however, *both* team members have to be thrown out in order for a team to be fully eliminated.
The winner receives a future shot at the AEW World Tag Team titles.
Known participants include Private Party, Evil Uno and Stu Grayson, John Silver and Alex Reynolds, Santana and Ortiz, The Butcher and The Blade, Top Flight, and Bear Country.
The current card for AEW Revolution, taking place Sunday, March 7 at Daily's Place in Jacksonville, is as follows:
* AEW World/Exploding Barbed Wire deathmatch: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Jon Moxley
* AEW World Tag Team: The Young Bucks (c) vs. Chris Jericho and MJF
* AEW Women's: Hikaru Shida (c) vs. TBD
* Street Fight: Sting and Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage and Ricky Starks
* "Face of the Revolution" ladder match for a future TNT title match: Cody Rhodes vs. Penta El Zero Miedo vs. Scorpio Sky vs. Lance Archer vs. two more TBD
* "Hangman" Adam Page vs. Matt Hardy (winner receives the loser's 2021 first quarter earnings)
* Orange Cassidy and Chuck Taylor vs. Miro and Kip Sabian
* Casino Tag Team Royale