Alberto El Patron has said he will be taking on Andrade at a pro wrestling event in McAllen, Texas on July 31.
The WWE Champion, who wrestled under the name Alberto Del Rio in the company, confirmed the match in an interview with Super Luchas.
He said: "For the first time they are going to see what people on the Internet have been asking for, for a long time – Andrade against Alberto del Rio. I don’t think we have ever seen a poster of such magnitude featuring two Mexican stars in Texas.”
If accurate, the booking is the first match that Andrade has been confirmed for since departing WWE in February, having requested his release from Vince McMahon's promotion earlier in the year.
It is worth noting that Andrade was not contracted to a 90-day no compete clause upon his exit from WWE and could therefore compete prior to this advertised match with Del Rio in July.
The July 31 event will also feature former WWE Superstars Kalisto, Primo and Epico.
Del Rio was supposed to stand trial in San Antonio earlier this year on aggravated kidnapping and sexual assault charges over an alleged incident last October. However, the trial has been pushed back to May 3.