Chaos Defeat The Third Generation At NJPW Kizuna Road In NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Title Match
Chaos' record reign continues
New Japan Pro-Wrestling's Kizuna Road tour came to an end today at Korakuen Hall and Chaos' YOSHI-HASHI, Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii defended the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship against the Third Generation's Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan in the main event.
Both teams fought back and forth for over 25 minutes, but it was the champions who walked away with the victory. Satoshi Kojima attempted to deck Hirooki Goto with the Cozy Lariat in the final moments but Goto blocked it and followed up with the GTR for the victory. Both teams then shook hands after the match in a sign of respect.
Chaos' didn't have long to celebrate after the Third Generation vacated the ring, though. The champions were cutting their traditional post-match promo but the lights suddenly went out in Korakuen Hall and when they came back on, Dick Togo was strangling Tomohiro Ishii with a garotte. EVIL then put Ishii out of commission with Everything Is EVIL.
Four other matches took place on the final day of Kizuna Road. Check out the results below:
• Kota Ibushi def. Yota Tsuji
• Shingo Takagi def. Yuya Uemura
• El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Minoru Suzuki def. Jado, El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori
• BUSHI, Tetsuya Naito & SANADA def. DOUKI & Dangerous Tekkers
• Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii def. Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship