Claudio Castagnoli Vs. Chris Jericho Announced For AEW Grand Slam
For the ROH World title
Seven-time World champion Chris Jericho will seek his eighth such title when he challenges Claudio Castagnoli for the ROH belt on Wednesday's "Grand Slam" edition of Dynamite.
During Friday's edition of AEW Rampage, Jericho disrupted a Castagnoli promo, in which the ROH champ was discussing Wednesday's World title tournament final between stablemates Jon Moxley and Bryan Danielson.
Jericho said he was seeking his eighth World title, and added that he's never held the ROH belt. Thus, Jericho issued a challenge to Castagnoli, which the champion happily accepted.
Castagnoli has been ROH World champion since July 23, when he defeated Jonathan Gresham at Death Before Dishonor in Lowell, MA.
The card for Wednesday's AEW Dynamite "Grand Slam", taking place at Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York City, includes the following:
* AEW World tournament final: Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson
* AEW Interim Women's World: Toni Storm (c) vs. Athena vs. Britt Baker vs. Serena Deeb
* ROH World: Claudio Castagnoli (c) vs. Chris Jericho
* AEW World Tag Team: Swerve in Our Glory (c) vs. The Acclaimed
* AEW All Atlantic: Pac (c) vs. Orange Cassidy