Cody Rhodes Says AEW Isn't Interested In Signing Heath Slater
The One Man Band won't be performing on Dynamite...
Back on April 15, WWE released 34 Superstars including Heath Slater, Rusev, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, and Cain Velasquez. Nine producers and Gerald Brisco were also furloughed after the company announced they would be making cutbacks because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Fans have been speculating about where some of the released Superstars could end up. Jim Ross himself has said he would love it if Rusev wound up in All Elite Wrestling, and others have been tipped to sign with the young promotion.
One wrestler they will seemingly not be signing is Heath Slater. During a recent Q&A on Instagram Live, Cody Rhodes was asked if AEW was interested in signing The One Man Band, but The American Nightmare gave a quick rebuttal, saying: "Nope, no on Heath Slater."
This came only days after Slater talked about how he had been burnt out in WWE for the past four of five years and that getting released ultimately helped rekindle the fire within him. The former SmackDown Tag Team Champion also didn't mention any specific promotion he would be interested in joining, but he did give shout outs to IMPACT Wrestling and the NWA, among others.