Davey Richards Vs. Tom Lawlor Set For MLW Fightland
The opening round of The Opera Cup is set
MLW have announced that Tom Lawlor and Davey Richards are set to meet in the opening round of the Opera Cup, with the first round match set for Fightland on October 2 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia (the former ECW Arena).
This will be Richards’ first Opera Cup appearance, whilst Lawlor won the 2020 edition, having defeated Low Ki in the finals. This will also be the second time the two have face off in singles competition, with Richards defeating Filthy at PCW in April 2017.
MLW said the following about the upcoming bout:
"The 2020 Opera Cup champion looks to go back-to-back and keep the century old cup in Team Filthy’s grip. In order to do so the former World Heavyweight Champion and 2018 Battle Riot winner will have to outwrestle and outlast Davey Richards.
"Davey Richards made his MLW debut in July and now the hunt is on to climb the rankings and make a statement with a big win over Lawlor, propelling the 'American Wolf' to the semi-finals of the Opera Cup. But will he be able to out grapple the 10-year UFC veteran?"
Here’s what’s been announced for MLW Fightland:
- Jacob Fatu vs. Alex Hammerstone - Title-for-title MLW World Heavyweight Championship National Openweight Championship
- Myron Reed (c) vs. TAJIRI vs. Aramis vs. Arez - MLW World Middleweight Championship
- Nicole Savoy vs. Holidead
- Davey Richards vs. “Filthy” Tom Lawlor - Opera Cup Opening Round
- CONTRA Unit, Caribbean Champion Richard Holliday, King Muertes, Cesar Duran, Alicia Atout, EJ Nduka, TJP, Bobby Fish, Alex Shelley, Lee Moriarty, Calvin Tankma all set to appear