The TLC card received a late change last week as Lana was pulled from the Women's Tag Team Championship match against Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax. This meant Asuka had to find a new partner and Lana's replacement was revealed as the returning Charlotte Flair.
The Empress Of Tomorrow and The Queen displayed excellent chemistry throughout the match and they picked up the win after 10 minutes.
During the finish, Flair locked in the Figure 8 on Baszler, but Jax emerged from out of nowhere and pulled Charlotte's arms out from under her. Asuka then took out The Irresistible Force moments later with a Hip Attack.
Back in the ring, Baszler tried to trap Flair in the Kirifuda Clutch but Charlotte reversed into a pinning combination. The Queen Of Spades managed to get her shoulder up, but this only left her open for a Natural Selection from the 12-time Women's Champion for the 1-2-3.
This was the first time Flair has appeared on WWE TV since the June 22 episode of Raw. On that night, Nia Jax attacked her backstage and she suffered a kayfabe fractured collarbone. The Queen was then defeated by Asuka in a Raw Women's Championship match to write her off TV.
Beyond the Women's Tag Team Title match, TLC was an eventful pay-per-view and another championship changed hands after The Hurt Business defeated The New Day. The Miz also joined Damian Sandow, King Corbin and Braun Strowman on the list of failed cash-ins as Drew McIntyre successfully retained the WWE Title in what became a Triple Threat TLC Match. The final WWE pay-per-view of 2020 then went off the air after Randy Orton set The Fiend on fire.
Check out the results for TLC 2020 below:
• Big E, Daniel Bryan, Chad Gable & Otis def. Cesaro, King Corbin, Shinsuke Nakamura & Sami Zayn - Kickoff Show
• Drew McIntyre def. AJ Styles & The Miz - Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the WWE Championship
• Sasha Banks def. Carmella - SmackDown Women's Championship
• The Hurt Business def. The New Day - Raw Tag Team Championship
• Asuka & Charlotte Flair def. Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax - Women's Tag Team Championship
• Roman Reigns def. Kevin Owens - Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the Universal Championship
• Randy Orton def. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt - Firefly Inferno Match