Jeff Hardy Added To US Title Match At WWE Extreme Rules
The match is now a triple threat
Jeff Hardy will now compete for the WWE United States title at this Sunday's Extreme Rules pay-per-view, after being added into the existing title match.
Hardy will wrestle champion Damian Priest and fellow challenger Sheamus in a triple threat bout, after defeating Sheamus in a singles match on Monday's Raw.
Priest was on commentary during the match. Afterward, he got into a brawl with Sheamus, which was broken up by officials.
Sheamus became the number one contender for the title after defeating Drew McIntyre on Raw several weeks ago. He was the previous United States champion, dropping the title to Priest at SummerSlam last month in Las Vegas.
The current card for WWE Extreme Rules, taking place Sunday, September 26 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH is as follows:
* WWE Universal: Roman Reigns (c) vs. "The Demon" Finn Balor
* SmackDown Women's: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair
* Raw Women's: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Alexa Bliss
* WWE United States: Damian Priest (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Jeff Hardy
* SmackDown Tag Team: The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits
* Liv Morgan vs. Carmella