Jon Moxley Vs. CM Punk Rematch Set For AEW All Out
Can Punk regain the title?
AEW World champion Jon Moxley will defend his title against CM Punk in a rematch this Sunday at AEW All Out.
Moxley kicked off Wednesday's Dynamite with a promo, running down Punk for losing so easily one week ago, and accused him of folding up as soon as he hurt his foot. Moxley then left an open contract for a title match in the ring for anyone to sign. AEW coach Ace Steel (Punk's trainer and close friend) came out and collected the contract.
Later in the night, a downtrodden CM Punk cut his own in-ring promo, talking about letting the people down and questioning if he still had it. Steel then came to the ring and gave an impassioned speech to Punk, before smacking him in the face and reminding him who he was (while dropping an unbleeped F-bomb). A fired-up Punk came around to accepting the match for Sunday, before leaving through the Chicago crowd.
The current card for AEW All Out, taking place Sunday, September 4 at the Now Arena in Chicago, includes the following:
* AEW World: Jon Moxley (c) vs. CM Punk
* Interim AEW Women's World: Toni Storm vs. Dr. Britt Baker vs. Jamie Hayter vs. Hikaru Shida
* AEW World Tag Team: Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland (c) vs. The Acclaimed
* AEW TBS Women's: Jade Cargill (c) vs. Athena
* AEW Trios Tag Team tournament final: participants TBD
* Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Jericho
* Wardlow and FTR vs. Jay Lethal and The Motor City Machine Guns
* Casino Ladder Match: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Wheeler Yuta vs. Penta Oscuro vs. Rey Fenix vs. Rush vs. Andrade el Idolo vs. Dante Martin vs. TBA
* Jungle Boy vs. Christian Cage
* Ricky Starks vs. Powerhouse Hobbs
* Eddie Kingston vs. Tomohiro Ishii (Zero Hour)