Kenny Omega/Jon Moxley Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch Set For AEW Revolution
They've warred violently in the past
The World title match is now official for AEW Revolution, and it looks to be downright insane.
AEW World champion Kenny Omega revealed Wednesday that Jon Moxley is contractually owed a rematch, and it will take place at Revolution. In his bid to finally rid himself of Moxley as a challenger, however, Omega proposed that the match be an Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch.
The two have met under violent circumstances before. Moxley defeated Omega at Full Gear 2019 in a non-sanctioned "Lights Out" match.
The card for AEW Revolution, taking place on Sunday, March 7, at Daily's Place in Jacksonville, is as follows:
* AEW World Heavyweight/Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Jon Moxley
* AEW World Tag Team: The Young Bucks (c) vs. Chris Jericho and MJF
* AEW Women's: Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Women's Eliminator Tournament winner
* Street Fight: Sting and Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage and Ricky Starks
* Adam Page vs. Matt Hardy (winner receives the other's quarterly earnings)
* "Face of the Revolution" Ladder Match for a future TNT Title shot: Cody Rhodes vs. Scorpio Sky vs. Penta El Zero M vs. 3 more TBA