Michael Elgin Sues IMPACT Wrestling
After no less than $5 million
Former IMPACT Wrestling talent Aaron 'Michael Elgin' Frobel has sued the promotion.
Elgin filed a lawsuit against IMPACT on February 8 at the Circuit Court of Davidson County, Tennessee seeking "not less than" five million dollars for breach of contract, PWInsider reported.
Elgin's lawsuit comes from him being suspended by the promotion following sexual misconduct allegations made against the former ROH World Champion during the Speaking Out movement. IMPACT announced a few days later that Elgin would "not be appearing in any further IMPACT Wrestling programming."
Within the lawsuit, Elgin claims he was told he would remain suspended until a review of the allegations was complete. The 35-year-old claimed that IMPACT Executive Vice President Scott D'Amore told him in conversations there would be no investigation into the allegations and this was later confirmed by an email, which stated: "The company's decision not to utilize you in further programming was not based on any investigation beyond the public disclosures (and your responses thereto) at the time."
The lawsuit also claimed Elgin was asked to perform by Pro Wrestling NOAH at a December 2020 event but that booking was cancelled by IMPACT, damaging his reputation in Japan.
As a result of what Elgin claims was an "intentional breach" of his IMPACT contract, he has "suffered and will continue to suffer grievous harm including, without limitation, monetary damages and damages for mental anguish and humiliation, unless and until this Court grants relief."
Therefore, Elgin is seeking not less than five million dollars in damages to put him "in the financial position he would have been but not for the breach of contract."
Elgin addressed the lawsuit in a YouTube video and he announced that IMPACT continued to pay him until his contract expired earlier this year.
IMPACT were served the lawsuit on February 11 but no response has been filed with the court as of yet.