Moxley Vs. Takeshita, Wardlow Vs. Cassidy Announced For AEW Fyter Fest
An eliminator bout and a TNT title match
Interim AEW World champion Jon Moxley will face Konosuke Takeshita on this Wednesday's Fyter Fest edition of Dynamite, while TNT champion Wardlow defends his newly-won title against Orange Cassidy.
Tony Khan announced both matches on Monday night. He ruled that, while Moxley wants to face Takeshita, the match will be non-title, due to Takeshita losing to Eddie Kingston on Friday's AEW Rampage. However, if Takeshita were to beat Moxley on Wednesday, he would earn a future title shot.
In regards to the TNT title match, Khan noted that Cassidy is coming off two straight TV wins, beating Ethan Page on the June 29 Dynamite, and defeating Tony Nese on this past Friday's Rampage.
The current card for night one of AEW Fyter Fest, taking place Wednesday night at Enmarket Arena in Savannah, GA, is as follows:
* Non Title Match: Jon Moxley vs. Konosuke Takeshita
* AEW TNT: Wardlow (c) vs. Orange Cassidy
* AEW World Tag Team: The Young Bucks (c) vs. Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland vs. Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs
* Claudio Castagnoli vs. Jake Hager
* Anna Jay vs. Serena Deeb
* Luchasaurus in action (along with a Christian Cage appearance)