WWE has announced plans to produce a documentary on WWE Hall of Famer Pat Patterson as part of a wave of new content for the WWE Network in January 2021.
The first ever Intercontinental Champion, Patterson was a key figure backstage at WWE for many years, most notably inventing the Royal Rumble in the 1980s, before an on-screen career renaissance in the Attitude Era alongside Gerald Briscoas one of Mr. McMahon’s stooges.
The Patterson documentary is one of several new additions to the WWE Network as part of Royal Rumble Month, with features on AJ Styles, Bianca Belair, and WWE Hall of Famer Yokozuna also slated for release.
Here's the full schedule of new content coming to the WWE Network in January 2021:
• Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions: Bayley - Sunday, Jan. 10
• WWE Untold: AJ Styles’ Royal Rumble Debut - Sunday, Jan. 17
• The Best of WWE: Attitude Era Royal Rumble Matches (available on the free version of the WWE Network) - Tuesday, Jan. 19
• WWE Playback: 2020 Royal Rumble Matches - Friday, Jan. 22
• Pat Patterson Documentary - Sunday, Jan. 24
• WWE Chronicle: Bianca Belair - Sunday, Jan. 24
• The Best of WWE: Royal Rumble Matches of the 2010s (available on the free version of the WWE Network) - Tuesday, Jan. 26
• Roundtable: 1st Women’s Royal Rumble Match - Wednesday, Jan. 27
• WWE The Day Of: Royal Rumble 2014 (available on the free version of the WWE Network) - Friday, Jan. 29
• WWE Icons: Yokozuna - Sunday, Jan. 31