Since WrestleMania 30, The Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal has become somewhat of a tradition. It has been used as both a comedy segment on the pre-show, with Mojo Rawley walking away as the victor at WrestleMania 33 and Damien Mizdow turning on The Miz at WrestleMania 31, and to elevate young stars like Cesaro and Baron Corbin. With the success of the match, WWE decided to introduce a Women's Battle Royal at WrestleMania 34.
However, with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Ryan Satin at Pro Wrestling Sheet has reported that the battle royal matches have been pulled from the WrestleMania 36 card so the company can abide by CDC and US Government recommendations as much as possible during The Showcase Of The Immortals.
The CDC has recommended all mass gatherings of over 50 people be cancelled, and if Superstars conglomerated backstage, WWE would be questioned as to why they went against public health suggestions.
A number of matches are still scheduled to take place at The Show Of Shows and it will be broadcast from multiple locations on April 4 and April 5. The announced card is as follows:
• Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre - WWE Championship
• Goldberg (c) vs. Roman Reigns - Universal Championship
• Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler - Raw Women's Championship
• John Cena vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt
• The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles
• Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins
• Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair - NXT Women's Championship