Report: Details From WWE's Friday Afternoon Employee Meeting
Following the announcement of Vince McMahon's return
WWE held an "all hands on deck" meeting on Friday afternoon, following the earlier announcement that Vince McMahon had returned to the company's Board of Directors.
PWInsider reported the following details from the meeting, which was said to have lasted about ten minutes:
* McMahon's return to the Board was officially announced to those on the call.
* It was stated that there will be no changes to management at this time. The likes of Paul Levesque, Stephanie McMahon, Nick Khan, Frank Riddick III, and others would remain in their current roles as it currently stands.
* McMahon's return was pushed as, "... a big positive and made to give the company everything they needed to make the most of their future rights revenue sales."
* A potential sale is being looked at ahead of rights negotiations. The report notes, "It was also greatly emphasized that a sale may not happen and it should not be assumed it would. The final say in all of this would go to Vince McMahon as the controlling shareholder."
* PWInsider's report also states, "It was also mentioned that a 'possible avenue' for the company could be for it to be taken private again if it was "the best outcome for shareholders." This was mentioned among potential strategic options, not that it was something they WILL be doing."
* The meeting was described as a "rah rah meeting to try and raise the spirits of the troops", and questions were not taken.