Report: Length Of The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever At WWE Backlash Revealed
It will not be short...
WWE's next pay-per-view is only four days away as Backlash will be broadcast from the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. The show features multiple hotly anticipated matches including Edge vs. Randy Orton in what has been billed as The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever.
The match was reportedly taped on Sunday afternoon as WWE is making an honest effort to have one of the greatest wrestling matches of all time, and the company taped the bout in advance so any issues could be edited out or reshot. Reports have also indicated the match is "really really good" and both Edge and Orton worked "very very hard."
Bryan Alvarez reported on Wrestling Observer Live that the wrestling behemoth gave The Rated-R Superstar and The Viper 30-35 minutes to try and wrestle a classic WWE match. Alvarez noted he doesn't know if the final match will be this long, as large sections could be cut down while the match is edited, but Edge and Orton were in the ring wrestling for at least half an hour.
Alvarez said: "I believe they went 30-35 minutes, so if you were expecting an 18-minute match after they went 45 minutes at WrestleMania think again."
Check out the full card for Backlash below:
• Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Bobby Lashley - WWE Championship
• Braun Strowman (c) vs. The Miz & John Morrison - Universal Championship
• Edge vs. Randy Orton
• Asuka (c) vs. Nia Jax - Raw Women's Championship
• Jeff Hardy vs. Sheamus
• Apollo Crews (c) vs. Andrade - United States Championship
• Bayley & Sasha Banks (c) vs. The IIconics vs. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross - Women's Tag Team Championships