Report: Name Of Merged WWE-UFC Company Revealed

The name of the WWE-UFC merged company has been revealed

After being given the provisional name of 'New Whale Inc', it has been confirmed to CNBC that the WWE-UFC merged company will be named TKO Group Holdings and the organisation will trade on the New York Stock Exchange as TKO. The name is a reference to technical knockout, the fighting term from boxing, mixed martial arts, and professional wrestling on very rare occasions. 

It was announced on the morning of Monday, May 3 that WWE had been sold to Endeavor and the pro wrestling company would merge with UFC before the end of 2023. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel will be the CEO of TKO Group and Vince McMahon will be the new company's Executive Chairman. Endeavor will own 51% of TKO Group, while WWE shareholders will own the remaining 49%. 

It emerged this week that the 51/49 split was conditional on Vince McMahon remaining with WWE. Endeavor initially offered a 57/43 split to merge WWE and UFC. The merger is scheduled to be completed in the second half of 2023. 

When the merger goes through, WWE will largely remain autonomous, with Endeavor noting back in April they plan to run the "UFC playbook" with WWE.

Share this post

Grayson Waller Admits He Was Frustrated At Being Picked Late In The WWE Draft

Pat McAfee's WWE Future Unknown Following ESPN Deal

Aidan Gibbons

Written by Aidan Gibbons

Editor-in-Chief of Cultaholic.com Twitter: @theaidangibbons