Amid talents being pulled from the upcoming Final Battle, Ring of Honor will not disclose planned changes to the pay-per-view card until the night of the broadcast, according to a report from Mike Johnson of PWInsider.
Currently, the plan is for ROH to announce the updated line-up during the first hour of the Final Battle, which will air for free, allowing fans to decide if they wish to purchase the full amended card.
Fans buying the pay-per-view anyway will, of course, get that first hour as part of their purchase.
ROH announced that Bandido, Flamita, EC3, and Kenny King were all being kept off of the pay-per-view (as well as the post-PPV TV tapings) due to failing pre-travel COVID testing.
ROH talents are being forced to self-test (under the supervision of a nurse via Zoom) and then send those tests to a lab. If they pass the test, they are permitted to travel to ROH's hotel, where they will be sequestered and undergo additional testing throughout their stay in the bubble.
The current known card for ROH Final Battle, airing next Friday, December 18 in Baltimore, is as follows:
* ROH World: Rush (c) vs. Brody King
* ROH Pure: Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Flip Gordon
* ROH World Tag Team: Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Mark Briscoe and PCO
* ROH Television: Dragon Lee (c) vs. TBD
* Matt Taven and Mike Bennett vs. The Righteous
* Four Corner Survival for a shot at Dragon Lee's Television title: Tony Deppen vs. Josh Woods vs. LSG vs. Dak Draper (Pre-Show)
* Danhausen vs. Brian Johnson (If Danhausen wins, he gets a contract) (Pre-Show)
* Fred Yehi and Wheeler Yuta vs. Tracy Williams and Rhett Titus (Pre-Show)