Report: WWE Considering Title Change At SummerSlam 2020
A major change to the WWE landscape could be on the horizon...
WWE's next pay-per-view continues to draw closer as SummerSlam 2020 will be broadcast on the WWE Network on August 23. The company has still yet to announce a location for The Biggest Party Of The Summer, but the wrestling behemoth is reportedly planning to hold the show in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Seven matches have been announced for the pay-per-view and Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Title, Dominik Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins in an Extreme Rules match, and "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs. Braun Strowman for the Universal Title look set to headline the show.
The landscape of Monday Night Raw could also receive a massive shake-up at SummerSlam as Paul Davis at WrestlingNews.co reported WWE is considering having Randy Orton defeat Drew McIntyre and leave The Biggest Party Of The Summer with the WWE Championship.
There has been speculation for some time that The Viper will begin his 14th world title reign on August 23, and the wrestling behemoth is seemingly giving the idea some thought as the pay-per-view nears.
Check out the card for SummerSlam 2020 below:
• Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Randy Orton - WWE Championship
• Braun Strowman (c) vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt - Universal Championship
• Dominik Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins - Extreme Rules
• Sasha Banks (c) vs. Asuka - Raw Women's Championship
• Bayley (c) vs. TBA - SmackDown Women's Championship
• Apollo Crews (c) vs. MVP - United States Championship
• The Street Profits (c) vs. Andrade & Angel Garza - Raw Tag Team Championship