Report: WWE Talents Claim Company Sent Memo About Positive Coronavirus Test
Talents were apparently informed earlier this week...
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful has reported that "nearly a dozen" persons from WWE's roster and other industry figures have told Fightful about an alleged positive coronavirus test within the company.
Days after these reports came in, Fightful obtained an internal WWE memo dated April 5 that was sent to company personnel. Fightful has redacted the name of the person who allegedly tested positive from their report.
The memo reads, in part:
"We have just been notified that (name redacted) was diagnosed with COVID-19. WWE doctors spoke with (redacted) this morning and reported (they) last had contact with anyone at WWE on March 26 at the Performance Center. As you know, (redacted) is not an in-ring performer and we believe this matter is low-risk to you per the following chronology.
"Those of you who were potentially exposed would be cleared for travel by the evening of Thursday, April 9 at the latest, since the last possible exposure to any WWE talent personnel should have been at least 14 days prior."
The memo goes on to say that the person (who is said to have given their consent to WWE to use their name in the internal memo) tested positive after they and their roommate became symptomatic.
The memo closed with Paul Levesque (Triple H) signing off.
Fightful notes that they cannot confirm the positive test and that there's no official word from WWE as a company, but that their report is based on the memo they've received from multiple sources.
WWE has resumed live programming, in lieu of their original plan of taping multiple weeks of television in one weekend, beginning with last night's SmackDown.