On night one of Fyter Fest 2020, All Elite Wrestling announced Jon Moxley vs. Brian Cage for the AEW World Championship had been moved from July 8 to Fight For The Fallen on July 15.
The match was moved after Jon Moxley told AEW he didn't want to travel to Jacksonville, Florida for the July 2 tapings because his wife WWE backstage interviewer Renee Young had recently been diagnosed with coronavirus, and he didn't want to risk exposing anyone to the virus until he had self-isolated for 14 days.
After the announcement, Taz made his way to the ring and cut a promo on Moxley in which he said he was happy to wait for Mox to show up, but didn't buy that The Maestro Of Mayhem was concerned for the wellbeing of the roster because he had already twice tested negative for COVID-19. The Human Suplex Machine then stated the AEW World Champion would be tested a third time when he arrived at the tapings because "as you know, we don't run a sloppy shop."
Many thought this was a shot at WWE, who did not introduce coronavirus testing at TV tapings until last week after multiple people in the company tested positive for coronavirus. Before this, the wrestling behemoth had put other measures in place like temperature checks and a questionnaire.
People within WWE also thought it was a shot at the company as Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that the wrestling behemoth was really upset by Taz's comments.
Meltzer said: "Boy, were there people upset with that line. There were. There were people really upset… There were people very upset at that line."