Rhea Ripley To Challenge Asuka At WrestleMania 37
The Raw Women's title is at stake
Rhea Ripley may have only just arrived on the Raw brand, but she's already getting a golden opportunity.
After Raw Women's champion Asuka defeated Peyton Royce on Monday night, Ripley confronted the titleholder, and noted that there didn't seem to be any challengers for her at WrestleMania.
Ripley formally issued the challenge for WrestleMania 37, and Asuka accepted.
Aside from participating in this year's Women's Royal Rumble match, Ripley has not wrestled on the main roster since losing her NXT Women's title to Charlotte Flair at WrestleMania 36 a year ago.
Flair appeared to be the obvious choice of opponent for Asuka, but recently revealed she's been sidelined due to a positive diagnosis of COVID-19.
The current card for WrestleMania 37, taking place Saturday, April 10, and Sunday, April 11 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, is as follows:
* WWE World: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre
* WWE Universal: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Edge vs. Daniel Bryan
* SmackDown Women's: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Bianca Belair
* Raw Women's: Asuka (c) vs. Rhea Ripley
* Raw Tag Team: The New Day (c) vs. AJ Styles and Omos