Ric Flair Claims He Spoke To 40 Doctors Before Deciding On In-Ring Return
Ric Flair decided to only listen to one doctor
Ric Flair will return to the squared circle later this year, with the 16-time world champion set to perform at the independent wrestling event 'Ric Flair's Last Match' on July 31, a show being promoted by Thuzio as Jim Crockett Promotions.
Flair's return has received criticism, with many worried about the 73-year-old's health, but Flair told TMZ that he received advice from 40 doctors before deciding he was only going to listen to one about stepping back in the ring.
"I don't have any aches or pains. I know I've had the health issues, but I asked 40 different doctors, and I decided I'm only gonna listen to one. Not necessarily the one that was gonna give me the right answer, but that I felt the most comfortable with," Flair said.
The Nature Boy's last match took place back in September 2011 when he faced Sting on an episode of IMPACT, with Flair performing for TNA following his WWE retirement in 2008.
Speaking about why he has decided to perform one more time, Flair said: "I couldn't stand the last couple of matches I had. Couldn't stand the last year I had."
Flair was previously under contract with WWE but he was granted his release from Vince McMahon's company last year.