Roman Reigns Vs. Edge Added To WWE Money In The Bank
Edge finally gets his one-on-one Universal title match
It was revealed on Saturday's Talking Smack that Edge will challenge Universal champion Roman Reigns for the title at Money in the Bank next month.
As part of the broadcast, Edge was shown talking to Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville after Friday's SmackDown went off the air. He demanded the singles match with Reigns that he was supposed to have at WrestleMania, which Pearce and Deville granted.
Seth Rollins (who had been angling for a title shot against Reigns) was on the Talking Smack set with Kayla Braxton and Pat McAfee when the news broke. Upon learning about Edge getting the shot, Rollins angrily bolted from the set.
Edge returned on last night's episode of SmackDown. He attacked Roman Reigns, and also took down Jimmy Uso.
The 2021 WWE Money in the Bank, taking place Sunday, July 18 from Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, TX, is as follows:
* Men's Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Ricochet vs. John Morrison vs. Riddle vs. Big E vs. 4 more TBD
* Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Asuka vs. Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Nikki Cross vs. Carmella vs. 3 more TBD
* WWE World: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Kofi Kingston
* WWE Universal: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Edge
* Raw Women's: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair