Sasha Banks: WWE SummerSlam 2021 Might Be Bigger Than WrestleMania 37
A big show looks to be on the cards
Sasha Banks believes the 2021 edition of SummerSlam might be bigger than WrestleMania 37.
It emerged back in June that all of WWE's resources "were tapped into" making SummerSlam a WrestleMania-worthy event and the likes of Goldberg and John Cena have returned to the company to compete at the August 21 pay-per-view. The show will also take place in front of 40,000 fans, making it one of the largest non-WrestleMania WWE shows in history.
With all of this in mind, Sasha Banks mentioned on Rasslin' with Brandon F. Walker that SummerSlam feels like it will be bigger than The Showcase Of The Immortals.
"I actually think that this SummerSlam might be bigger than WrestleMania. It feels like it's going to be bigger than WrestleMania. I'm counting down the days and it's really creeping up on me. But I am so ecstatic to be back with fans. There's nothing like their energy. So I think this crowd is going to be bigger attendance than WrestleMania, which already makes me, it lights a fire in my heart. But yeah, I'm really looking forward to SummerSlam on August 21. And I cannot wait to be Smackdown Women's Champion again," said Banks.
Seven matches have already been announced for SummerSlam. Check out the card below:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. John Cena - Universal Championship
- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Goldberg - WWE Championship
- Edge vs. Seth Rollins
- Nikki A.S.H (c) vs. Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair - Raw Women's Championship
- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Sasha Banks - SmackDown Women's Championship
- The Usos (c) vs. Rey Mysterio & Dominik Mysterio - SmackDown Tag Team Championship
- Sheamus (c) vs. Damian Priest - United States Championship
H/T to Wrestling Inc.