In the main event of last week's episode of NXT, The Velveteen Dream returned to the black and gold after two months on the shelf. No official reason was given for Dream's absence, but in the weeks after NXT TakeOver: In Your House independent wrestler Josh Fuller accused him of sexual misconduct and the former North American Champion was involved in a car accident on June 26.
Triple H addressed Clark's return during a recent interview with Brent Brookhouse at CBS Sports. The Game told Brookhouse Dream was kept off TV because of the car accident and that the company "didn't find anything" when they investigated the allegations of sexual misconduct.
Levesque said: "You know, in this day today, accusations are made and you take them all very seriously. You look into them the best you can, and you find out what is there and what isn't. In this situation, [Clark] was also involved in a car accident. That's what took him off TV. In the moment, all this other stuff happens and you look into it and you find that there is a situation that people bring to everyone's attention, you look into it and find that it is what it is and there's nothing there.
"Everything that we have done, we are comfortable with him continuing to do what he does and everything else. But he had a car accident. It stemmed down to people thought we removed him from TV for different reasons. We didn't. He was in a car accident.
"Once he was medically cleared to be able to return to the ring from his car accident, we continued forward the way we did. We looked into what was there and we didn't find anything."
Question marks have been raised over WWE's investigation into the allegations, however, as Fuller recently claimed nobody from the wrestling behemoth has contacted him.