WALTER: "Being A Part Of The WWE Raw Or SmackDown Roster Is Nothing I Am Interested In"

Strong words from the PROGRESS World Champion...

Just before Keith Lee was signed to an NXT contract earlier this year, the internet was brimmed with rumours that current PROGRESS World Champion WALTER was going to join him.

Of course, WALTER never went with Lee, and has continued to expand his flourishing reputation within professional wrestling all the way across Europe and in the United States.

However, if WWE were ever considering approaching the RINGKAMPF member, it appears they would be wasting time in doing so. In an interview with The Mirror, the 31-year-old told of how he has no interest in working for main roster WWE, but would be interested in a move to NXT.

“I don’t know if I mentioned this, but being a part of the Raw or SmackDown roster is nothing I am interested in," said WALTER.

"I don’t want to live in the US. I really like NXT though, I think it’s a great product, filled with the best talent in the world and is focused on competition in the ring, which is something I enjoy. I don’t want to say it will never happen because in wrestling things change so quick.”

This news will be music to the ears of independent wrestling fans the world over, with the big Austrian one of the most popular stars working today.

You can catch WALTER in action this coming Sunday (30 September) at PROGRESS Wrestling's 'Hello Wembley' at the SSE Arena, Wembley. Tickets for the show are still available and can be purchased here!

Share this post

WWE Issue Statement On Liv Morgan Concussion Injury

This Week's WWE Raw Draws Lowest Ratings In Show's History

Ross Tweddell

Written by Ross Tweddell

Editor-in-chief of Cultaholic.com and presenter on the Cultaholic Wrestling YouTube channel. Email: [email protected]