AEW held their first ever house show at Daily's Place in Jacksonville on Friday night, entitled The House Always Wins. Nine matches took place in all, with some modifications from the originally announced card.
Making his AEW debut on Friday's show was DDT Pro-Wrestling star Konosuke Takeshita, who teamed with Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks, and Michael Nakazawa in a ten man tag. The 25-year-old Takeshita is a four-time DDT-Pro KO-D Openweight champion, and earned praise for tag team bouts he'd had opposite Omega back in 2014.
It's not known if this is a one-off appearance for Takeshita, or if there will be more of a role for him in AEW going forward.
Friday night's results include:
* The Butcher won a battle royal to earn a shot at Darby Allin's TNT championship later in the night
* MJF and FTR def. Jurassic Express
* Jade Cargill def. Reka Tahaka
* Cody Rhodes def. Aaron Solow in a Duval Street Fight; Anthony Ogogo attacked Rhodes after the match
* Best Friends and Orange Cassidy def. TH2 and Max Caster
* Eddie Kingston def. Cezar Bononi
* Tay Conti, Ryo Mizunami, Red Velvet, and Hikaru Shida def. Britt Baker, Rebel, Nyla Rose, and The Bunny
* Death Triangle and The Sydal Brothers def. Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks, Michael Nakazawa, and Konosuke Takeshita
* AEW TNT champion Darby Allin def. The Butcher; Matt Hardy's faction attacked Allin afterward, but The Dark Order made the save