El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori Crowned New IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions At NJPW Kizuna Road 2021
There was a big title change at today's Kizuna Road show at Korakuen Hall.
Chaos' Roppongi 3K defended the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship for the second time against Bullet Club's El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori.
Both teams battled back and forth during the 26-minute match and YOH looked to put El Phantasmo away in the final moments with Direct Drive. ELP escaped by stomping on YOH's foot with his loaded boot, though, and he followed up with a loaded Sudden Death to the Roppongi 3K man for the victory.
With the win, El Phantasmo and Ishimori begin their third reign as IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions. They defeated Roppongi 3K during 2019's Kizuna Road tour to begin their first reign and Bullet Club held onto the gold until Wrestle Kingdom 14 when they dropped the belts back to SHO and YOH.
ELP and The Bone Soldier would reclaim the belts in January 2021 but they would lose them one month later to Suzuki-gun's El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru.
Four other matches took place at today's Kizuna Road event. Check out the full results below:
• Great-O-Khan def. Yota Tsuji
• Kota Ibushi def. Yuya Uemura
• Tomohiro Ishii, Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI, Toru Yano & Hirooki Goto def. Tomoaki Honma, TenCozy, Yuji Nagata & Togi Makabe
• El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. def. BUSHI, Shingo Takagi, Tetsuya Naito & SANADA
• El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori def. Roppongi 3K - IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship