Every WWE Title Change Of 2024
Every title change from 2024
WWE entered 2024 as arguably the hottest professional wrestling company on the planet with multiple top stars as their champions across Monday Night Raw, Friday Night SmackDown, and NXT.
Beginning the year as champions were:
- Roman Reigns - Undisputed WWE Universal Championship
- Seth Rollins - World Heavyweight Championship
- Rhea Ripley - Women's World Championship
- IYO SKY - WWE Women's Championship
- Gunther - Intercontinental Championship
- Logan Paul - United States Championship
- Finn Balor & Damian Priest - Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships
- Katana Chance & Kayden Carter - WWE Women's Tag Team Championships
- Ilja Dragunov - NXT Championship
- Lyra Valkyria - NXT Women's Championship
- Dragon Lee - NXT North American Championship
- Tony D'Angelo & Channing "Stacks" Lorenzo - NXT Tag Team Championships
- Noam Dar - NXT Heritage Cup
1. Oba Femi - NXT North American Championship - January 9 episode of WWE NXT
The first WWE title change of 2024 took place on the January 9 edition of NXT as Oba Femi defeated Dragon Lee to become the new NXT North American Champion.
Lee had defended the title already in the main event of NXT against Lexis King but Oba Femi, who had won the men's NXT Breakout Tournament one week earlier, decided to cash in his title opportunity on the weakened champion. One minute later and Lee was sent crashing to the mat with a thunderous Last Ride powerbomb before Oba Femi covered him for the 1-2-3.
Femi's win came after he quickly established himself as a popular addition to NXT with his powerhouse persona and move set, having only signed with WWE in August 2022 after spending time at the University of Alabama as a track and field athlete.
Femi's win also ended Dragon Lee's NXT North American Title reign after 31 days. The luchador only won the title on December 9 at NXT Deadline from Dominik Mysterio. Lee successfully defended the title on four occasions against the likes of Tyler Bate, Joe Coffey, Charlie Dempsey, Butch, and Lexis King.