Jeff Jarrett Named Guest Referee For Tag Team Title Match At WWE SummerSlam
Ain't he great?
WWE Hall of Famer and company official Jeff Jarrett will serve as guest referee for the Tag Team title match between The Usos and The Street Profits at SummerSlam, in Jarrett's hometown of Nashville.
The announcement was made during Friday's WWE SmackDown broadcast by Adam Pearce, despite lobbying from Sami Zayn for the spot. The announcement followed a match in which Angelo Dawkins defeated Jimmy Uso.
The addition of a special referee was first mentioned on this past Monday's Raw, as R-Truth and MVP (on behalf of Omos) each campaigned for the spot during a segment that involved both tag teams.
Jarrett returned to WWE in May, taking over the live events department as its Senior Vice President.
The current card for the 2022 WWE SummerSlam, taking place Saturday, July 30 at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, is as follows:
* Undisputed WWE Universal/Last Man Standing: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
* Pat McAfee vs. Happy Corbin
* SmackDown Women's: Liv Morgan (c) vs. Ronda Rousey
* WWE United States: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Theory
* WWE Tag Team: The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits (Special Referee: Jeff Jarrett)