Marty Scurll To Continue Wrestling In Puerto Rico

Scurll plans to stick around in Puerto Rico

Marty Scurll returned to professional wrestling on Saturday, October 23 at Puerto Rican promotion CWA's Halloween Fan Fest event. 'The Villain' made his in-ring return against Star Roger. 

Fans in Puerto Rico can expect to see Scurll on CWA shows for a while to come as the former ROH star told Contralona ahead of Halloween Fan Fest that he planned to remain in CWA going forward. 

"The plan is not to just turn up and come in and come out. The plan is that The Villain is here to stay and this is my home now in Puerto Rico. I'm excited, I'm excited to be more involved," Scurll said.

The Contralona interviewer then said Scurll staying in Puerto Rico was great news. 

Beyond an unaired appearance at NJPW Strong tapings in January, Scurll has been inactive in wrestling since he was accused of sexual assault during the Speaking Out movement. He was previously the joint head booker of Ring Of Honor but he and the promotion parted ways earlier this year. 

Scurll addressed the allegations in June 2020 and claimed he and the accuser had a "brief consensual sexual encounter" but that he "did not become aware of her age until after the encounter." The accuser disputed that Scurll did not know how old she was. 

CWA have previously issued a statement about booking Scurll, during which they claimed they had to honour an agreement from 2018 or "risk gossip that this company doesn't follow up on its agreements."

Share this post

Ruby Soho: AEW Debut Was Everything I Wanted It To Be

Keith Lee: Randy Orton Has Become A Mentor To Me On WWE Raw

Aidan Gibbons

Written by Aidan Gibbons

Journalist/Editor-in-Chief of Cultaholic.com Twitter: @theaidangibbons