Moose, Josh Alexander Added To NJPW Battle In The Valley
Impact's top guys will be in separate matches
New Impact World champion Moose, as well as Josh Alexander (the man he defeated for the title), will each be in action at New Japan's Battle in the Valley in two weeks.
Moose will take on Juice Robinson in a non-title match, while Alexander goes one on one with Yuya Uemura.
NJPW's preview reads in part, "Juice Robinson will face IMPACT’s World Heavyweight Champion Moose. In comments released from Robinson’s time in Philadelphia for New Japan Showdown, Juice verbally slammed the current IMPACT Champ, before declaring ‘Juice vs Moose! It rhymes! Make it happen!’ IMPACT Wrestling has indeed agreed to allow the bout to take place, as the Flamboyant One looks to boost his presence with a win over the promotion’s top dog.
"Moose became champion in controversial circumstances at IMPACT’s Bound For Glory event when he used his ‘Call Your Shot’ trophy to defeat Josh Alexander, mere moments after Josh beat Christian to lift the World title. At Battle in the Valley, while Moose takes on Robinson, the Walking Weapon will also be in action against Yuya Uemura. Uemura’s ongoing excursion in the LA Dojo has seen him record impressive results thus far, but Alexander represents by far his biggest test yet."
The current card for NJPW Battle in the Valley, taking place Saturday, November 13 at San Jose Civic in San Jose, CA, is as follows:
* NEVER Openweight: Jay White (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii
* Will Ospreay vs. Ren Narita
* Clark Connors and Karl Fredericks vs. Jeff Cobb and TJP
* Fred Rosser, David Finlay, Rocky Romero, Alex Zayne, and Alex Coughlin vs. Tom Lawlor, JR Kratos, Danny Limelight, Jorel Nelson, and Royce Isaacs
* Moose vs. Juice Robinson
* Josh Alexander vs. Yuya Uemura
* Chris Dickinson and Brody King vs. Bateman and Misterioso
* Kazuchika Okada in action
* Plus, the debut of Buddy Matthews