NEVER 6-Man Title Match Set For NJPW's August 10 Summer Struggle Show
LIJ get another shot at the gold
A NEVER 6-Man Tag Team Title match has been set for New Japan Pro-Wrestling's Summer Struggle show at the Yokohama Budokan on August 10.
Chaos' Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto successfully defended the 6-man title for the eighth time on August 1 at Korakuen Hall and Los Ingobernables de Japon's BUSHI stepped into the ring and challenged the champions following the match.
Chaos immediately accepted and NJPW has since announced the title match will take place on August 10. BUSHI will team with Tetsuya Naito and SANADA.
This will be the second time Naito, BUSHI and SANADA have challenged for the belts in 2021. They previously fell short during NJPW's Road To Dominion Tour in June.
Chaos and LIJ look set to continue their feud beyond August 10 as both factions will challenge Suzuki-gun's Dangerous Tekkers at night two of Wrestle Grand Slam in MetLife Dome on September 5. YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto will represent Chaos while Tetsuya Naito and SANADA will try to win the title for LIJ.
Four other matches have been set for the August 10 Summer Struggle show. Check out the card below:
- Minoru Suzuki, El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Master Wato & Tomoaki Honma
- Tiger Mask, Robbie Eagles & Toru Yano vs. El Phantasmo, Taiji Ishimori & Chase Owens
- Roppongi 3K & Togi Makabe vs. EVIL, Gedo & Dick Togo
- Shingo Takagi vs. Yujiro Takahashi
- Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & BUSHI - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship